Monday, April 23, 2007

A New Practice

Yoga has exploded onto the health scene in North America over the last few years. The number of studios are sprouting up like mushrooms in a cow field and there seems to be a new kind of yoga for every new moon. For those who have not tried yoga, much of the territory may seem a little trendy or wishy washy, and for those who have already started yoga practices of their own it is hard to keep up with what is out there.

I started practicing yoga myself 14 years ago with Iyengar and have continued off and on ever since. I've also had the recent opportunity to visit studios twice a week due to a staff yoga program at my new employ at lululemon athletica in Lotus Land, Vancouver--one of the healthiest places in the world. I've realized that this privilege plus the need for information on the practice of yoga, instructors and studios could make for a useful reference. I have to admit that I am hoping that 'yogic' writing will also give me an incentive to practice more regularly! Hence this new blog, an offshoot from my previous one, to chronical my yoga journey and the places and people I meet along the way.

A new occupation, a renewed practice and a new preoccupation. I hope it will be both of use and enjoyable!

No comments: